|Document 1||Document 2||Document 3|
Registering a RV in New York.
Each state has their own regulations about what is required to be an RV. I got a copy last week from NYS DMV tech services in
(e) motor home. A self-propelled vehicle designed as a traveling place
of abode. To qualify as a motor home, a vehicle must have a least four of the following facilities:
(1) cooking with an on-board power source;
(2) a gas or electric refrigerator;
(3) a toilet with exterior evacuation;
(4) heating or air conditioning or both from an on-board power source
separate from the vehicle engine;
(5) a potable water supply system including a faucet, sink and a water
tank with an exterior service connection; and
(6) a 110-125 volt power supply separate from the vehicle engine.
From the NYS DMV web site
WHEN DO I NEED A CDL INSTEAD OF MY REGULAR NEW YORK DRIVERS LICENSE?
A CDL is required if you operate any of the following CMV's . . .
* A vehicle with a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of
more than 26,000 lbs.
* A vehicle towing a unit with a manufacturer's GVWR of more than 10,000
lbs. when the GCWR exceeds 26,000 lbs.
* A vehicle designed to transport 16 or more persons (including the
operator) or any vehicle carrying children to or from school and home
regularly for compensation.
* A vehicle of any size that carries hazardous materials in amounts
ARE THERE ANY EXEMPTIONS TO BEING REQUIRED TO HAVE A CDL?
Yes, a few . . .
* Active Duty Military . . . with military licenses operating military
* Firefighters . . . meeting approved training standards and operating
authorized emergency vehicles.
* Farmers . . . in certain cases.
* Individuals ....operating motor homes or other vehicles used
exclusively to transport personal possessions or family members, for