Sunday, August 31, 2008

getting ready for the season

If you would have asked me in November when I was going to be ready to go racing my answer would have been March. Now I am thinking August!!!!!!
Finally have my gear box together with the gears from True Gear & Spline, they look great, price was excellent, delivery time was acceptable.
Need to make some new mounts for it, making some miner changes to the mounts for the engines and gear box.
Found another cracked liner in the Arias Century block, got that installed and have started assembly of the motor. New rods from Brooks and new rings.

Dustin has got a good start on installing the new generator with ac/heat on the road tractor. that will be nice when it is finished.

I would like to be ready to go to the Buck for a test run in May but things are not looking good unless things start falling together, which could happen! :-)

Tomorrow I will put the crank in the Arias and pistons.

No comments: